Version 188.8.131.52 - 24 August 2016
- upgraded the Nginx core to 1.11.2.
- feature: bundled the sess_set_get_cb_yield patch for OpenSSL to support the ssl_session_fetch_by_lua* directives of ngx_lua.
- win32: we now use pcre 8.39 and openssl 1.0.2h in our official build.
- feature: applied the
ssl_pending_session.patch to the nginx core to support the ssl_session_fetch_by_lua* and ssl_session_store_by_lua* in ngx_lua.
- feature: added
<openresty-prefix>/site/lualib/ to the default Lua module search paths used by OpenResty. This location is for 3rd-party Lua modules so that the users will not pollute the
<openresty-prefix>/lualib/ directory with non-standard Lua module files.
- feature: now we create the
<openresty-prefix>/bin/openresty symlink which points to
<openresty-prefix>/nginx/sbin/nginx to avoid polluting the
PATH environment with the name "nginx".
- feature: added the
upstream_timeout_fields patch to the nginx core to allow efficient per-request connect/send/read timeout settings for individual upstream requests and retries.
- feature: added the official LuaJIT documentation from LuaJIT 2.1 to our
- feature: added the Lua 5.1 reference manual from lua 5.1.5 to our restydoc indexes.
- bugfix: special characters like spaces in nginx configure option values (like
--with-openssl-opt) were not passed correctly. thanks Andreas Lubbe for the report.
- change: now we use our own version of default
- upgraded ngx_lua to 0.10.6.
- feature: added new shdict methods: lpush, lpop, rpush, rpop, llen for manipulating list-typed values. these methods can be used in the same way as the redis commands of the same names. Essentially we now have shared memory based queues now. each queue is indexed by a key. thanks Dejiang Zhu for the patch.
- feature: implemented ssl_session_fetch_by_lua* and ssl_session_store_by_lua* configuration directives for doing (distributed) caching of SSL sessions (via SSL session IDs) for downstream connections. thanks Zi Lin for the patches.
- feature: added pure C API for setting upstream request connect/send/read timeouts in balancer_by_lua* on a per session basis. thanks Jianhao Dai for the original patch.
- feature: ssl: add FFI functions to parse certs and private keys to cdata. With the current FFI functions the certificate chain and the private key are parsed from DER every time they are set into the SSL state. Now we can cache the parsed certs and private keys as cdata objects directly. These new functions make it possible to avoid the DER -> OpenSSL parsing. Thanks Alessandro Ghedini for the patch.
- feature: shdict:incr(): added the optional
init argument to allow intializing nonexistent keys with an initial value.
- feature: allow tcpsock:setkeepalive() to receive nil args. thanks Thibault Charbonnier for the patch.
*_by_lua_file: did not support absolute file paths on non-UNIX systems like Win32. thanks Someguynamedpie for the report and the original patch.
- bugfix: fake connections did not carry a proper connection number. thanks Piotr Sikora for the patch.
- bugfix: "lua_check_client_abort on" broke HTTP/2 requests.
ngx_http_lua_ffi_ssl_create_ocsp_request: we did not clear the openssl stack errors in the right place.
- bugfix: ngx.sha1_bin() was always disabled with nginx 1.11.2+ due to incompatible changes in nginx 1.11.2+. thanks manwe for the report.
- bugfix: segfaults might happen when calling ngx.log() in ssl_certificate_by_lua* and error_log was configured with syslog. thanks Jonathan Serafini and Greg Karékinian for the report.
- bugfix: fixed a typo in the error handling of the
SSL_get_ex_new_index() call for our ssl ctx index. thanks Jie Chen for the report.
- bugfix: when the nginx core does not properly initialize
r->headers_in.headers (due to 400 bad requests and etc), ngx.req.set_header() and ngx.req.clear_header() might lead to crashes. thanks Marcin Teodorczyk for the report.
- bugfix: fixed crashes in ngx.req.raw_header() for HTTP/2 requests. now we always throw out a Lua exception in ngx.req.raw_header() when being called in HTTP/2 requests.
- bugfix: specifying the C macro
NGX_LUA_NO_FFI_API broke the build. thanks jsopenrb for the report.
- doc: ngx.worker.count() is available in the init_worker_by_lua* context.
- doc: documented that ngx.req.raw_header() does not work in HTTP/2 requests.
- doc: typo fixes from Otto Kekäläinen and Nick Galbreath.
- upgraded lua-resty-core to 0.1.8.
- upgraded lua-resty-dns to 0.17.
- feature: now we support parsing answer records in all the answer sections (
AR). thanks Zekai Zheng for the patch.
- optimize: commented out 3 lines of useless Lua code in
- upgraded lua-resty-redis to 0.25.
- feature: now this module automatically generate Lua methods for any Redis commands the caller attempts to use. The lazily generated Lua methods are cached in the Lua module table for faster subsequent uses. In theory, any Redis commands in existing Redis or even future Redis servers can work out of the box. thanks spacewander for the patch.
- upgraded ngx_lua_upstream to 0.06.
- feature: added upstream.current_upstream_name() to return the proxy target used in the current request. thanks Justin Li for the patch.
- minor Lua table initialization optimizations from Scott Francis.
- upgraded resty-cli to 0.13.
- bugfix: restydoc: pod2man from older perl versions (like 5.8) does not support
-u option. we should be smarter here.
- bugfix: when resty/restydoc/restydoc-index were invoked through symlinks, they might fail to locate the nginx executable of openresty.
- bugfix: POD errors might get displayed in pod2man with older versions of perl (like perl 5.20.2). thanks Dominic for the patch.
- bugfix: pod2man might abort with a "Can't open file" error with perl 5.24+.
- bugfix: restydoc-index: improved the seciton name normalization for the documentation indexes.
- upgraded ngx_echo to 0.60.
- bugfix: fixed compilation failures when specifying the C compiler option
-DDDEBUG=2. thanks amdei for the report.
- bugfix: fixed crashes in
$echo_client_request_headers for HTTP/2 requests. thanks dilyanpalauzov for the report. Now $echo_client_request_headers always evaluates to an empty value (not found) in HTTP/2 requests.
- doc: make it clearer when to use the
- upgraded ngx_headers_more to 0.31.
- bugfix: when the nginx core does not properly initialize
r->headers_in.headers (due to 400 bad requests and etc), more_set_input_headers might lead to crashes. thanks Marcin Teodorczyk for the report.
- bugfix: fixed a typo in an error message. thanks Albert Strasheim for the patch.
- upgraded ngx_set_misc to 0.31.
- bugfix: the set_sha1 directive is always disabled when working with nginx 1.11.2+ due to recent changes in the new nginx cores.
- upgraded ngx_encrypted_session to 0.06.
See ChangeLog 1.9.15 for change log for OpenResty 1.9.15.x.