Yichun Zhang (agentzh)
26 Feb 2018 (created 25 Mar 2014)
Version 220.127.116.11 - 30 March 2014
- upgraded LuaJIT to v2.1-20140330.
- feature: included Mike Pall's new "trace stitching" feature that can compile around most of the NYI items. thanks CloudFlare Inc. for sponsoring the development. This helps compiling more Lua code. For example, it gives 10% ~ 40% speedup in simple test cases of Lua Resty MySQL Library out of the box.
- bugfix: included all the new bug fixes from Mike Pall, most of which are very obscure bugs in the JIT compiler hidden for years.
- relaxed the hard-coded heuristic limit further to 100 for loopunroll.
- feature: applied John Marino's patch for compiling LuaJIT on DragonFlyBSD. thanks lhmwzy for proposing the patch.
- upgraded the Nginx core to 1.5.11.
- bugfix: applied the patch to the NGINX core for the latest SPDY security vulnerability
- feature: added support for DragonFlyBSD to
./configure. thanks lhmwzy for
- bugfix: disabled the -Werror option for clang because it caused build failures
at least in recent Mac OS X systems. thanks Hamish Forbes for the report.
- feature: bundled new component Lua Resty Upstream Healthcheck Library 0.01.
- feature: bundled new component Lua Upstream Nginx Module 0.01.
- upgraded Lua Nginx Module to 0.9.6.
- feature: added new configuration directives, init_worker_by_lua and init_worker_by_lua_file, to run Lua code upon every nginx worker process's startup.
- feature: added new API function ngx.config.nginx_configure() to return the NGINX
./configure arguments string to the Lua land. thanks Tatsuhiko Kubo for the patch.
- feature: added new API function ngx.resp.get_headers() for fetching all the response headers. thanks Tatsuhiko Kubo for the patch.
- feature: added new API function ngx.worker.pid() for retrieving the current nginx worker process's pid.
- feature: explicitly check Lua language version mismatch; we only accept the Lua 5.1 language (for now).
- bugfix: accessing a cosocket object from a request which does not create it could lead to segmentation faults. now we throw out a Lua error "bad request" properly in this case.
- change: it is now the user's responsibility to clear the captures table for ngx.re.match().
- bugfix: we should prefix our chunk names for from-string lua source (which also leads to nicer error messages). thanks Mike Pall for the catch.
- bugfix: subrequests initiated by ngx.location.capture* with the HEAD method did not result in responses without response bodies. thanks Daniel for the report.
- bugfix: segfault might happen in the FFI API for destroying compiled PCRE regexes, which affects libraries like Lua Resty Core Library. thanks Dane Kneche.
- bugfix: fixes for small string buffer arguments in the C API for FFI-based implementations of shdict:get().
- bugfix: fixed the error message buffer overwrite in the C API for FFI-based ngx.re implementations.
- bugfix: use of the public C API in other nginx C modules (extending Lua Nginx Module) lead to compilation errors and warnings when the Microsoft C compiler is used. thanks Edwin Cleton for the report.
- bugfix: segmentation faults might happen when multiple "light threads" in the same request manipuate a stream cosocket object in turn. thanks Aviram Cohen for the report.
- bugfix: timers created by ngx.timer.at() might not be aborted prematurely upon nginx worker exit. thanks Hamish Forbes for the report.
- bugfix: the return value sizes of the C functions
ngx_http_lua_init_by_file were wrong.
- optimize: coroutine status string look-up is now a bit more efficient by specifying the string lengths explicitly. thanks Tatsuhiko Kubo for the patch.
- various code refactoring.
- upgraded Lua Resty Core Library to 0.0.5.
- change: now it is the user's responsibility to clear the input result table.
- feature: resty.core.regex: added new function
set_buf_grow_ratio to control the buffer grow ratio (default 2.0).
- bugfix: segmentation fault might happen due to assignments to ngx.header.HEADER because we did not anchor the memory buffer properly which might get collected prematurely.
- bugfix: ngx.req.get_headers: we need to anchor the string buffer being casted otherwise it might be accidentally garbage collected when we still hold a C pointer to it. this bug might lead to segmentation faults.
- optimize: cache the match captures table for ngx.re.gsub() when a function-typed "replace" argument is specified. this gives a remarkable speedup.
- optimize: resty.core.regex: forked the original shared code paths to multiple specialized versions, which helps the JIT compiler.
- optimize: resty.core.regex: cache the parsing results for the regex option strings. thanks Mike Pall for the suggestion.
- upgraded Lua Resty Redis Library to 0.20.
- feature: added new redis 2.8.0 commands:
zscan. thanks Dragonoid for the patch.
- feature: the read_reply() method can now be re-tried immediately after a "timeout" error is returned.
- bugfix: the
subscribe commands could not be called after read_reply() returned "timeout". thanks doujiang for the patch.
- bugfix: we incorrectly allowed reusing redis connections in the "subscribed" state. thanks doujiang for the patch.
- upgraded Lua Cjson Library to 18.104.22.168.
- rebased on lua-cjson 2.1.0: http://www.kyne.com.au/~mark/software/NEWS-lua-cjson.txt the most notable new feature is the
- feature: applied Jiale Zhi's patch to add the new config function
encode_empty_table_as_object so that we can encode empty Lua tables into empty JSON arrays.
- upgraded Srcache Nginx Module to 0.26.
- bugfix: HEAD requests might result in response bodies.
- upgraded Echo Nginx Module to 0.52.
- bugfix: HEAD subrequests could still result in non-empty response bodies.
See ChangeLog 1.5.8 for change log for OpenResty 1.5.8.x.